Sunday, November 4, 2012

In Which Miss Busy Britches Remembers to Blog

Dear blog readers,
I apologize once again for being offensively lax with my updates. I've mostly been asleep.
Love,
honestpuck

Well, that's out of the way. So now I'll talk about things! Like how I gave ALL of the door tags from the last post away to the Minions, and then completely lost track of them! They could be anywhere in the world now! And no one thought I was super weird (that they told me)! The popularity of these tags means I'm currently looking into ways to make some hardy plastic ones for selling on my etsy site!

That's right! I've got an etsy site named after this very blog! (kinda) It's pretty sparse at the moment, which leads me to the main point of this blog post....

So you know how I'll stop what I'm doing and make lame things for people? For free? I know them, so I don't charge them. Personally, I think this is not a terrible thing. My friends (and sometimes their friends) wear my things around and when someone asks, they get sent to me to order and, hopefully, pay for the things they want. It's a solid plan, really. I get to trick out my friends with fancy items, and they wear them, thus providing me with awesome advertising. The problem is, I'm so busy making free things for my friends (and sometimes their friends) that I haven't got anything listed for sale on my etsy site. Currently, I've got TARDIS gloves to make for a few people, Jayne hats (which are ALWAYS free to Browncoats. Just doesn't feel right to charge unless I'm donating to charity...), and all of the Yule gifts for all of the people I'll see this holiday season. I'm having an awful time prioritizing. I refuse to make order lists for nonfriends, because that can get very overwhelming and I fear I'd lose track. I plan to post the items on my etsy page as they are completed and let the attentive snatch them up as they can. It's heartless, perhaps, but it's the only way to avoid me getting trampled on. But, as I said, nothing is getting posted to my etsy site at the moment because I'm too busy getting the necessary gift items made for friends and family.

So I got myself a kitchen timer.

That's right. A kitchen timer. And I'm going to come up with a way to do things in blocks of time and mix it up so that I get into the habit of making progress on several things a day and not just working furiously on one thing before moving on to the other. There's an official name for this method of time management, but I can't be bothered to look it up. This, hopefully, will make it less likely for me to get bored, frustrated, or forgetful, and it will force me to take care of myself, since food and exercise will be part of my schedule.

I'm not entirely sure it will work, but I've got to start somewhere. I refuse to start charging my friends (I did once, and it felt wicked), but I really DO need to start putting my stuff out where people who WILL have to pay can find it. And pay for it. So I can keep, you know, eating.

So that's what's up with me, today. Luckily, I now have about 5 blog post ideas in a list, so I *might* actually get more posts up in a timely manner!!

No comments:

Post a Comment